With, an election, many refer to, as the most significant, not only in our lifetime, but, in many generations (and, in recent memory), and, after four years of the administration of a President, who often, breaks – tradition, and instead of seeking to unify, often, polarizes, it seems, a large percentage of Americans are suffering from news – related, FATIGUE! How many times have we heard someone say, they, just, can’t wait for this election to be over, because they are tired of the noise, hatred, divisiveness, and constant feeling of uneasiness/ discomfort, they have been experiencing? In my lifetime, I do not recall, any Presidential election, where the choices/ options, between the candidates, and their views/ visions/ goals/ priorities, have been, so different! With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and why it matters, sooner, rather than later.
1. Fear; face facts; false; future: When many voters seem motivated, primarily, by their fears, and seem, either, unwilling, or unable to face the facts, it rarely serves any long – term, viable solution! Repeating false statements, prioritizing populism (rather than paying keen attention to the future), and burying – ones – head, in the sand, may be a political approach, but, does little, to benefit the nation, planet, and/ or, citizens!
2. Attitude; aptitude; articulate; actions: Instead of seeking the finest course of action, and proceeding, with a positive, can – do, attitude, we have witnessed four years, of someone, apparently, fixated, by, his own slogan, Make America Great Again. When, one looks back, on the so – called, good – old days, and fails to enhance his aptitude, and skill – set, constantly articulating a divisive message, these actions tend to wear – people – down!
3. Truth/ trust; trends; timely; time – tested: Political fact – checkers state, this President, seems to abandon the truth, and has told more lies, than any of his predecessors, in recent memory! While, this may be effective, politically, with some of his core supporters, others state they don’t trust President Trump! We have observed, several instances, where his failure/ refusal to take well – considered, timely action, and/ or, proceed, taking advantage of time – tested knowledge, and expertise, has been costly, and dangerous!
4. Integrity; ideas; inspiring: Although, Trump knows how to inspire his core supporters, most surveys/ polls, indicate, a majority of Americans are disturbed by his apparent lack of genuine integrity, and the level of his ideas!
5. Generate goodwill; greater good; growth: Civilizations, and nations, must constantly undergo growth, in order to benefit, in our evolving world! Instead of trying to generate goodwill, and emphasize the greater good, it often seems, President Trump prioritizes his personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self – interest!
6. Useful; usual/ unusual; urgings/ urgent: Shouldn’t we feel, our leaders are providing useful direction? Don’t public officials need to be able to address, both, the usual, and unusual realities, in a proactive manner? Wouldn’t we benefit, if/ when, these leaders urgings, were motivating by addressing urgent priorities, rather than any political ones?
7. Efforts; effects; emphasis; empathy; excellence; energize: Only, when the efforts, emphasize, energizing most of our nation, towards a meeting – of – the – minds, for the greater good, will the effects bring a greater degree of excellence! Unfortunately, we have witnessed several years, when it appears, the present occupant of the White House, lacks genuine empathy, and, thus. many Americans feel uneasy!
We have suffered, far, too much, news FATIGUE! Wake up, America, before it’s too late!